- Menopause is an inevitable phase of most women’s life when they stop menstruating in their 40s or 50s.
- This phase is accompanied by an estrogen drop and hormonal fluctuations that lead to various side effects.
- Some of these side effects of menopause include mood swings, hot flashes, poor sleep, osteoporosis, weight gain, and vaginal dryness.
- There are various methods to tackle these symptoms, depending on their severity.
- A healthy lifestyle, nutritious diet, and daily exercise can reduce most of these symptoms.
- Menopause supplements or hormone therapy can also address many of these symptoms, making this stage of life easier for you.
Menopause is part and parcel of life for most women, but it comes with several challenging side effects. Due to the drop in estrogen, the female body goes through a lot of changes during menopause. Many of these changes are not just physiological and can affect the woman’s mood and emotional being. Moreover, hormonal fluctuations can increase the risk of certain diseases and disrupt your daily life.
Therefore, women going through menopause need to pay extra attention to their mental and physical health. You can try the top ways to calm your mind and body to help you sail through this difficult phase. Here are some tips that can help you tackle the common symptoms of menopause.
6 Symptoms of Menopause and Methods to Handle Them
- Weight Gain – According to studies, a lot of women face weight gain during menopause. There could be many reasons behind it, such as hormonal changes or slower metabolism due to aging. However, you can avoid gaining too much weight during menopause by following a simple healthy lifestyle. Avoid consuming high-calorie snacks that are low in nutrition and add more fruits, vegetables, and lean protein to your diet. Also, set aside at least half an hour a day for physical exercise. This way, you will be able to keep your weight in check.
- Mood Swings – Hormonal fluctuations during menopause can also lead to mood swings and irritability. You may encounter periods of extreme sadness swiftly followed by phases of normalcy. To alleviate these shifts, you can try a menopause supplement that encourages better hormonal health. For example, Estroven is a menopause formula with natural ingredients like Black cohosh, Rhubarb extracts, and phytoestrogens, which are known to tackle different symptoms of menopause. Some consumers have reported improvement in their mood after using this supplement. You may try it to manage your mood swings during menopause.
- Hot Flashes – Studies explain that women experience hot flashes during menopause due to estrogen depletion. These are sudden surges in the body temperature, leading to discomfort and excessive sweating. Frequent hot flashes can be a major disruption in your daily routine. Some of the common treatments to address them include hormone therapy and behavioral therapy. You may also consider phytoestrogens if you are looking for a natural treatment, but the results here may not be as pronounced. Relaxation techniques can also help in some cases.
- Vaginal Dryness – Vaginal dryness is yet another common side-effect of menopause. It can lead to pain, irritation, or bleeding during sex, which in turn can decrease your libido. The best way to improve your sex life during menopause is to communicate with your partner and inform them of your pain or discomfort. Together, you can find ways to stimulate each other while minimizing vaginal pain. You can also use vaginal lubricants to reduce dryness and friction during sex. Apart from this, adequate foreplay, perhaps with the help of sex toys, can prepare your vagina and reduce discomfort during sex.
- Osteoporosis – Low estrogen levels are also the culprit behind poor bone health in menopausal women. Depleting estrogen leads to bone loss and osteoporosis, causing joint pain and discomfort. To combat this, you need to consume calcium and vitamin supplements for optimal bone health.
- Estroven is a menopause supplement that contains calcium to prevent osteoporosis. Incorporating such supplements into your diet may reverse the impact of menopause on your bones. You can also include fatty fish, eggs, milk, and curd in your diet, as these foods are excellent for bone health.
- Trouble Sleeping – Due to the mood swings and hot flashes caused by menopause, many women find it difficult to fall or stay asleep. To avoid night sweats, try to sleep in loose and light-weight clothing that is comfortable. Moreover, make your bedroom cold, dark, and quiet at night when you go to bed. Aromatherapy or meditation can also help you sleep well at night. If you are still not able to get a good night’s sleep, consult your doctor. They can prescribe you medication that will help you fall asleep quickly.
Apart from these tips, maintaining a healthy and nutritious diet and exercising regularly can help you deal with menopause. Also, be optimistic and try ways to calm your mind and body as this too is a phase of life that shall pass!
Menopause is a common phase of life that most women have to deal with in their 40s or 50s. However, despite it being a physiological change, it can be challenging for a lot of us. The side effects of menopause can range from hot flashes and mood swings to osteoporosis and vaginal dryness. Each of these symptoms affects our mental and physical health in different ways, impacting our quality of life.
A simple healthy lifestyle that includes a nutrient-rich diet, exercise, and meditation can help you tackle most of the menopause symptoms. Also, you can try menopause supplements that may alleviate some of the manifestations. Hormone therapy is another proven treatment that you can discuss with your doctor if your symptoms are severe or unbearable.
Menopause is tough, but with the right lifestyle changes and treatment, it can be easier. Prepare your mind and body to deal with it in a calm, composed manner and focus on your overall health. If you take the necessary steps to lead a healthy lifestyle, menopause will no longer be a tough challenge for you!