Adobe GC Invoker Utility is an application that runs in the background with most Adobe programs. Let’s start with the first question people ask when they see a file in the task manager: what is it?
So, let’s start with the basics: agcinvokerutility.exe, as you can see on your computer, is an executable file, which means it can be run as a program. By default, it is stored on the C drive in the Program Files>Shared Files>Adobe>Adobe GC Client folder and can be found in the list of running processes when you open Task Manager.
To answer the following question, we first need to check that AGCInvokerUtility.exe is not malicious to the system. At least under normal conditions, but many cases have been reported where the execution of the Adobe GC Invoker Utility turned out to be malicious.
Adobe GC Invoker Utility: Why the user should disable it?
Adobe GC Invoker Utility is not malicious or dangerous software for your system. On the contrary, this file is a part of Adobe software that checks the operation and reliability of the software. It also checks for tampering and licensing of the software.
This file is automatically added to the startup files and every time the system is restarted, these files are loaded into memory. In this way, the user can easily disable or uninstall GC Invoker Utility, as it does not cause any harm to the system.
The user should disable this utility because sometimes infected files or malware can impersonate the Adobe GC Invoker Utility and then damage your system.
How can I disable AGCInvokerUtility.exe?
That’s what makes you wonder: “Is it possible to disable the Adobe GC Invoker utility from running?”. Of course, you can remove it if it causes a system error or application problem to improve PC performance. Or if you simply decide to.
To prevent GC Invoker Utility Adobe from running at startup, you can open the Task Manager first.
- Open the Task Manager.
- In Startup, locate the Adobe GC Invoker utility and right-click to disable it.
For some customers, it is useful to remove the AGCInvokerUtility process from the startup in the Task Manager. For users who cannot find this Adobe task in the Task Manager, it is best to search for it with other tools.
Automatic shutdown of the GC Invoker utility
Among all the third-party tools, Advanced System Care can be a powerful and comprehensive help for you. As far as process termination is concerned, Advanced SystemCare offers you a set of professional tools called Process Manager, with which you can not only terminate processes automatically but also set a priority for certain processes, including the AdobeGCInvoker utility.
- Download, install and run Advanced SystemCare.
- Find the “Tools” tab and select “Process Manager”.
Advanced SystemCare will then install this tool automatically and directly.
- In the IObit Process Manager, under “Processes”, right-click on Adobe GC Invoker Utility to kill the process.
- If necessary, you can set a low priority for this process instead of terminating it.
In this way, GC Invoker will be removed from your computer. And you will see that the AdobeGCClient.exe application error will be removed and your computer will run smoothly again.
Adobe GC Invoker utility: best practices to disable
1. Try to use the safe mode
- Press the Windows Start key on the keyboard.
- Scroll to the arrow next to “Power off” to view the power settings.
- Now click on the Reset button in the options while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Now, go to the “Troubleshooting” icon on the screen and select “Startup Settings” from the options.
- In the “Advanced” option, select the “Restart” option.
- In the options, select Enter safe mode with network support.
Check whether or not the performance problems previously encountered persist. If not, congratulations. If so, try the following method.
2. Delete all associated files from the registry
- On your computer or laptop keyboard, press and hold the Windows and R keys.
- In the Run tab, type the word “Regedit” in the search box and press Enter.
- This will open the record in a new tab.
- Now press the Ctrl and F keys simultaneously to start the search function.
- In the search window that opens, type the name of the damaged file. Type agcinvokerutility.exe.
- The previous step facilitates the search for the desired file.
- Now select all marked files in the registry one after another and delete them until you see a 0 in the search bar.
3. Remove agcinokerutility.exe from your computer
Follow these steps to remove the Adobe GC Invoker utility from your computer:
In Windows 10
- Press the start button
- Press Settings and then select Applications
- Click on Applications and functions
- Locate the file and right-click to select
In Windows 8 and lower versions
- Locate Control Panel in the taskbar search bar.
- Then select Programs and functions
- Locate the file .exe and click Uninstall.
Uninstall AGCInvokerUtility.exe from the control panel
For Windows 8 users
- Press the Start key and the letter C on your Windows 8 keyboard.
- Next, select the Settings option and then click Control Panel.
- Now go to the “Uninstall a program” option and click on it.
- After that, you need to find the malicious file agcinvokerutility.exe.
- Once you have the file, click on it and delete it according to the option that appears on the screen.
- Select the uninstall option and you are done.
For Windows 10 users
- First, open the Start menu by pressing the Windows Start key on your keyboard.
- Next, go to the Settings tab and select Applications in the options.
- Next, find the “Applications and functions” option and click on it.
- Now select the malicious file or program that is a threat to your PC, such as agcinvokerutility.exe.
- Then right-click and select Uninstall from the drop-down list that appears.
run the antivirus
This is an important troubleshooting method, not only for Invoker GC problems but for many other problems with your computer. Run a system scan with your antivirus program.
Once you have completed the scan and found the threats, follow the instructions to remove them. This is especially useful if the problems you are experiencing are the result of malware masquerading as a GC call.
If necessary, update your antivirus program or install another antivirus program.
Uninstalling Adobe software
Since GC Invoker is part of Adobe software, the problem you are experiencing may be the result of an incorrect installation or update.
Uninstall and reinstall the Adobe software to resolve the problem. You can uninstall from a third-party program or from the Control Panel. This fix is especially important if you are experiencing problems after a recent Adobe installation or update.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which programs should be removed from the launcher?
A: There are many programs that are tied to the first boot and run when the system restarts. These programs require special attention and should be disabled at startup to improve the efficiency of the computer.
Some of these programs are the following:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Teams
- Adobe Reader
Is a co-synchronizer necessary?
A: Yes, the Collaboration Synchronizer is very important because it helps you communicate and keep track of documents processed by Adobe.
What is Updater.exe boot utility?
A: The updater launch utility is an executable file that is part of the graphical features of Adobe software and can be disabled and removed if it causes system problems.
Is AGC Invoker a danger to your computer?
In most cases, this process is not directly harmful. However, it behaves like spyware, which your computer’s antivirus software always warns you about.
It is not known if this process spies on your activities, but if your antivirus program keeps pointing it out, it certainly raises suspicions.
It has also been reported that some malware impersonates agcinvokerutility.exe, causes system errors, and colors the name of the Adobe utility.
Is GCInvokerUtility.exe safe or a virus?
We hope that the above explanation makes it clear that Adobe GC Invoker Utility is a safe file. It will not harm your Windows computer. However, if the location of the AdobeGCInvokerUtility.exe file is not C: Windows or C: Windows System 32, you should be concerned.
If you find that AGCInvokerUtility.exe is not stored in the above location, you should scan your system for malware. We recommend that you use Systweak Antivirus for this purpose.
It is a secure, reliable, and proven security system with anti-malware, anti-exploit, and other real-time protection features. You can use it to thoroughly scan your system for infections and check boot objects for infections.
Are multiple background processes normal?
If you have a lot of background processes running on your computer, this is not a problem, especially if you have installed a lot of programs that start when the computer boots up.
Does AGCInvokerUtility cause high hard disk usage?
You can find out by opening the Task Manager application (right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager) and clicking the Disk option at the top to sort and find out Adobe GC Invoker Utility disk usage.
While any of these methods should adequately solve your problem and help you get rid of a document that compromises the information on your computer, record keeping is still mandatory.
Apart from it, if you are interested to know the Groovy bot, Discord spoiler, how to recover deleted Facebook page, and WhatsApp business for beginners, you can follow our Tech category. Thanks for reading!
Thanks for reading!
3 thoughts on “What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility and How to Disable It? [Updated 2022]”
Comments are closed.